3256RE: [CarFree] getting around in snow

  • Bill Volk
    Oct 1, 2001
      Michelle asks:

      >I have just moved to a small town in Illinois, with no bus service
      >on Sundays. I will occasionally need to travel approx. 7 miles
      >(each way), and winter is just around the corner...

      >Any suggestions on a good carfree way to travel that distance in
      >snow?

      Depending on your finanical resources ... you might want to consider a
      'velomobile' (human powered enclosed trike or 4 wheeler).

      http://www.leitra.dk/

      Sure it's expensive, but it's cheaper than a car!

      Or you could build your own ;-)

      Bill
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic