2953Chance encounters, Re: [CarFree] Living car-free in Mexico

  • Rex D. Kerr III
    Aug 2, 2001
      > (one of the great losses people incur by car travel, imho,
      > is that you don't have these chance encounters with
      > interesting strangers).

      Yes, I've often felt this as well! I also consider this a bonus of
      bicycling... I often stop and chat with people when I see them
      gardening in their front yard or walking, etc... Riding the bus does
      allow for getting to know many more people. There are many people
      around this town that I now recognize from frequent bus encounters that
      I would otherwise not know.

      -Rex

      =====
      Rex Kerr \ For there are three that bear record in heaven,
      rexkerr@... \ the Father, the Word, and the Holy
      rkerr@... \ Ghost: and these three are one.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic