19948Panniers

  • Devin
    Feb 28, 2012
      Heilsa fellow riders,
      I recently started a new job that actually realizes it's employees are an
      actual asset, which is great other than the large laptop I was given and
      that leads to my question. I am using multi-modal transportation for
      getting to work, which involves an 8-10 mile one-way commute by bike. I
      used my messenger back yesterday and it was alright, but I am wanting to
      try and ride the whole way from home and back this summer and cannot
      imagine riding 40 miles with that bag, so I am looking for info on panniers
      that folks use. My laptop has the following dimensions and I have increased
      to nearest inch to allow for error.
      16" L-R
      12" front to back
      2" tall/deep
      I was looking at some Ortlieb bags online, but cannot figure if the max
      size is at the widest point or at the narrowest point, which is at the
      bottom and is typically where laptops have issues fitting.
      Thanks,
      Devin

      --
      In Frith,