19056[CF] Re: Yahoo! Groups: Welcome to CarFree. Visit today!

  • ensignaurora
    Nov 14 6:57 PM
      --- In CarFree@yahoogroups.com, Phil Smith <philrobertovich@...> wrote:
      > I've fallen on my bike, skinned knees and elbows, broken the
      occasional rib: and my laptop (in a backpack, not in my pannier) (in a
      padded sleeve) has always done well.
      > And when I've fallen, it's because I was stoopid.
      > To avoid falling, don't be stoopid.
      > Phil

      Of the times I've really fallen off by bike, it was because of faulty
      design (the rear gear wheel parted under strain when I was up on my
      pedals) or because I've been hit by a car.

      To say not to be stupid in those circumstances, one might conclude
      that they should not be riding a bike ............. and I really don't
      think that is the consideration we are looking for on the table, is it?

      ("Buck, I don't mean to criticize your strategy, but standing in the
      middle of the street is STUPID!"--Dr. Theopolis, (wtte), "Buck Rogers
      in the 25th Century")
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic