      From: ensignaurora <tappants@...>
      To: CarFree@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, November 14, 2008 9:39:39 PM
      Subject: [CF] Re: Yahoo! Groups: Welcome to CarFree. Visit today!

      --- In CarFree@yahoogroups .com, "Vic Gedris" <vic@...> wrote:

      > On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 4:04 PM, John Mayson <john@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm not as tempted to leave work at lunch to eat out or buy stuff
      I don't really
      > > need.
      >
      > Oh! I love having my bike at work so that I *can* easily go out for
      lunch.

      > I work in the "downtown" of Mississauga, Ontario (a suburb of Toronto)
      > and there's not much here within quick walking distance. A big mall
      > foodcourt, an Indian buffet (I hit that one up frequently) and an
      > overpriced misc. food place in our building. A quick bike ride
      > extends my options significantly. I think today will be Vietnamese.
      >
      > The bike ride at lunch is always fun. Makes me want to not pack a
      > lunch more often. :)
      >
      > Welcome to the group.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Vic
      >
      > --
      > Vic Gedris
      > Toronto, Ontario, Canada
      > http://vic.gedris org/

      Okay, I have a question on this: how does one approach carrying their
      laptop in their bike pack?

      I mean, the possibility of taking a tumble and trashing 700-800
      dollars of equipment took me years to build up to worries me.

      Helmets protect, skinned knees and elbows are bandagable and will
      heal........ ......... but how does one reasonably take care of the lap
      top when biking?

      -Traci
      ("Bruised heads and broken bones, Majesty (are a minor
      concern)."-- Cardinal Richeleau, (w,stte), "The Three Musketeers")