18889Re: Bush on China

  • vurt456
    Aug 10 6:44 AM
      I agree! "Covered in skyscrapers and filled with cars" sounds like a
      nightmare to me.

      In my experience, I have found much greater happiness in traveling at
      a human pace amidst buildings that are on a human scale.

      Michelle

      --- In CarFree@yahoogroups.com, "Cuthbert J. Twillie"
      <jdsears669@...> wrote:

      > "I first visited the country more than three decades ago, when my dad
      > was America's representative in Beijing," he said. "Poverty was
      > rampant, and the streets swarmed with bicycles. Today, China is
      > sprinting into the modern era. Beijing is covered in skyscrapers and
      > filled with cars.
      >
      > And I guess he calls this progress...

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic