18388Re: [CF] Re: Introduction: Kate

    Dec 4, 2007
      On 4 Dec 2007 at 1:32, Lee wrote:

      > though, I actually don't notice too much of a difference. You could
      > say that
      > I actually gained time, since I get to read or get work done while
      > on the bus.*

      A week and a bit ago I was chatting to someone from Friends of the
      Earth who was going from near Edinburgh to Brussels. The trip by train
      involved one change of train in London (sadly the promised direct
      trains to the mainland have never been put on). The travel time was to
      be used for a number of productive activities, including preparing the
      presentation she was to do. Far more productive than travelling by
      aeroplane.

      A recent report compared trains and aeroplanes between
      Edinburgh/Glasgow and London from a business perspective.
      http://www.transformscotland.org.uk/info/news/2007/2007-11-21.html has
      a link to download it.

      Some of the same arguments apply to comparisons of buses and cars.

      --
      David Hansen, Edinburgh
      I will *always* explain revoked encryption keys, unless RIP prevents