18379Re: [CF] Introduction: Kate

    Dec 2, 2007
      On 30 Nov 2007 at 21:43, Kathryn wrote:

      > One thing that
      > has challenged me is having to work at night several times a week. In my
      > city (and at my workplace), public transit is not quite so reliable or
      > predictable at night. A wait at a bus stop can be 45 minutes -- which
      > doesn't feel so good on isolated streets late at night. I'm working on
      > getting comfortable with night biking, so I have more predictable car-free
      > transportation at night.

      Cycling at night can be very relaxing when you get used to it. There is
      often peace and quiet, plus in some areas all sorts of wildlife to
      admire.

      > However, I am quick to tell friends and
      > family that getting around without a car is much easier and more convenient
      > than we often assume.

      One of the best ways of encouraging others is just to do it and let
      them make the connections. It isn't a fast way of convincing people,
      but it is a deep way.

      > I'm excited to be part of this group -- and to learn what others are doing
      > to live car-free.

      The list has been a trifle quiet recently. Please ask some questions to
      stimulate discussions.

      Welcome to the group, I'm glad you found it.

      --
      David Hansen, Edinburgh
      I will *always* explain revoked encryption keys, unless RIP prevents