17864Re: [CF] living in a country where car is

    Mar 1 1:29 AM
      > I live where the gas prices are routinely the highest in the
      > continuous United States, Yreka, CA, redneck country where
      > the pickup is King.

      =v= The other night I saw _Commune_, a documentary:

      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439511/

      It's about the Black Bear Ranch, a commune not far from Yreka.
      They were into all sorts of iconoclasm (free land for free
      people, clothing-optional herbal midwifery, no "bourgeois
      decadance," etc.), but apparently they never ever thought to
      question car culture.

      =v= Also, their most famous alumnus went on to be the voice
      of the dumbass doublespeak post-9/11 "Keep America Rolling"
      SUV commercials. D'oh!