17757Re: [CF] JimmyTheSaint's attacks on me

  • Bling Williams
    Dec 11, 2006
      Your Triad reallly is a list of common sense road behaviour. I don't think any cyclist 'hates' it. Its just the car drivers don't appear to have read it, or the highway Code and many speed, pass too close, don't indicate etc etc
      If everyone did drive/cycle by the highway code and obeyed the law tnen the roads would be safer.
      But you do refer to it as if a. everyone has read it, and b. if only they'd read it they'd all obey it.
      people just don't obey rules or act with common sense.
      There was some survery last week in the UK of drivers and the majority admitted to speeeding, driving without due care, using a cell phone while driving (against the law here) and 1 in 20 owned up to driving while drunk. They all know the rules, they just don't obey any of them.

      "Tom Frost Jr." <tomfrostjr@...> wrote:
      Me mad at cyclists? Only the ones that are so Triad-hating, and/or
      ignorant of the cycling community's diversity, as to straw-
      man "certain organization of newbie cyclists" into "cyclists", or, as
      in your second straw-man attack, "Section I of the Triad's Motorist's
      Code of Conduct Regarding Bicycles" into "Section I of the Triad".

      *PLONK*

      - TF
      ----
      http://www.newmilfordbike.com/Triad.htm

      --- In CarFree@yahoogroups.com, JimmieTheSaint
      <jimmiethesaint529@...> wrote:

      > Tom, why are you so mad at cyclists?
      >
      > TF Said-
      > (i.e. they "_are_ traffic" - a concept which, BTW, has
      > nothing to do
      > with a certain organization of newbie cyclists that
      > came along and
      > hijacked it to use as their slogan)

      The moral test of government is how it treats those who are in the dawn of life . . . the children; those who are in the twilight of life . . . the elderly; and those who are in the shadow of life . . . the sick . . . the needy . . . and the disabled.

      Hubert H. Humphrey