16965Re: [CF] Article on carless family

    Jun 1, 2006
      On 31 May 2006 at 13:41, Riin Gill wrote:

      > I'm hoping time will heal me.

      Some losses are not really healed. They may become less painful, but
      never really go away. I think that's the way humans are.

      > It just never occurred to me that people keep score.

      Some people keep score very seriously, others less seriously and some
      hardly at all. Only the saintly don't.

      There is also evidence of something of a male/female split. Those of
      the former persuasion tend to include the size of the favour in the
      score, so one big favour is worth several smaller ones. Those of the
      latter persuasion tend not to be concerned by the size of the favour
      but only the frequency.

      David Hansen, Edinburgh
      I will *always* explain revoked encryption keys, unless RIP prevents
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic