16751Re: [CF] One generation's Antarctic legacy no better than another's

  • Bling Williams
    May 1 1:27 AM
      Not being judgemental here...but maybe you shouldn't have gone? If I cant get there by bicycle or PT I don't go. Even to things I'd love to go too.
      Although sometimes \I wonder if missing out on stuff or being inconvenienced is making any difference at all. Maybe I should just go and enjoy myself because 'One Less Car' doesn't help anything :-(

      Chris Jordan <eco_milage_buster_2005@...> wrote:
      I am guilty of that. Not exactly an Earth Day
      celebration, but a velomobile gathering was held on
      Earth Day. About 400 miles of jammed highway 101 in a
      rental van to a wonderful event of "like minds" and
      seeing vehicles I had only seen on-line (as others
      have seen mine) was a terrific gathering, but passing
      $3.00 a gallon gas signs all the way made it painfully
      obvious to me that many people are in a huge state of
      denial.

      That event was a first, and because the main Santa
      Cruz cycle events left my town (Mayors cross-country
      ride no longer ends here, the Sea Otter Classic left,
      the California State ride detours S.C) ; my passion of
      human power vehicles led me to pollute-mobile status.

      Chris Jordan

      --- Jim <jdsears669@...> wrote:

      > You wouldn't believe the amount of people that drive
      > to the Earth Day
      > Celebration every year in San Diego. They just
      > don't get it !!!
      >
      > Jim

      http://mail.yahoo.com

      Problem? Email: CarFree-owners@yahoogroups.com

      Environment issue Automotive transport Environment

      http://nobravery.cf.huffingtonpost.com/

      www.celyn.org