deer hunting season

  • Theresa Nation
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2013
      Last Sunday was the start of the archery deer hunting season in Washington.  The archery crowd is generally conscientious about identifying targets before shooting.  That said, if you plan to take your dog out on a ride you may want to consider putting some safety orange on them.  The archery season runs until Sept. 27.
      The modern firearm general season runs Oct. 12-31 this year.  I’ll post more info as it draws closer.  You’ll probably see a lot of people out in the forest target shooting and scouting during the next few weeks.
      -Theresa

    • VIVIAN EASON
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2013
        Putting a bell on your dog helps too or maybe even on your horse.

        Vivian Eason
        (360) 791-5557 cell
      • CRONQUIST, NICK (DNR)
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 2013

          Thanks Theresa,

          This is a good reminder for all state lands so I am passing your reminder up the chain to hopefully send out a statewide reminder.

          ~Nick

          Last Sunday was the start of the archery deer hunting season in Washington.  The archery crowd is generally conscientious about identifying targets before shooting.  That said, if you plan to take your dog out on a ride you may want to consider putting some safety orange on them.  The archery season runs until Sept. 27.

          The modern firearm general season runs Oct. 12-31 this year.  I’ll post more info as it draws closer.  You’ll probably see a lot of people out in the forest target shooting and scouting during the next few weeks.

          -Theresa

        • Jim Grah
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 3, 2013
            Thanks Theresa.