Equine endurance ride this weeknd Aug 4-5

  • r_jerre
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 31, 2012
      Riders are staging at the gun club and riding 15-, 30- and 50-mile rides, so the Green trails will be busy.

      I looked for it on the calendar on this group, but it isn't activated. Is it possible to open that to members and everyone could post what events they know about? It wouldn't be "official," but it would be helpful.

      Jerre
    • Craig and Jerre Redecker
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 31, 2012
        The ride is Saturday.

        Jerre
      • Chris Enrico
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 31, 2012
          Re: [CapitolForestRecreation] Equine endurance ride this w
          Only the list owner can modify the Yahoo calendar. The Yahoo calendar is not the official one, DNR's is but the list owner makes an effort to show everything DNR has on the forest calendar.

          You are lucky there is no "official" event taking place this weekend. Nisqually Chapter BCHW had a conflict with an "official" event a while back, a bike race. Nisqually lost.

          All such events need to be brought up at the November DNR User meetings so DNR is aware of them and can plan for them.

          Chris

          Chris Enrico
          cenrico@...
          Capitol Riders Chapter
          Back Country Horsemen of Washington
          Olympia, Washington
          Web and Newsletter
          http://capitolriders.org

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 31, 2012
              I'm not in this event -- just heard about it. But when I try to open the calendar on this group it says it isn't enabled.

              Does anyone have the link to the DNR calendar?

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 31, 2012
                Re: [CapitolForestRecreation] Equine endurance ride this w
                This is as good as we have I guess. http://www.capitolforest.com/files/Organized_Events_poster.docx

                Let me know if you have trouble opening it.

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 31, 2012
                  This yahoo group and the event calendar here are not managed by DNR. This is volunteer run and operational, as long as it is useful to us Capitol Forest recreational users.

                  Any event that is publicly promoted or has a turn out of over 24 users technically requires a permit from DNR. DNR has done a great job managing the numerous events in Capitol Forest (too many and in some cases too big - in my humble opinion). All Capitol Forest events must be approved and registered with DNR in advance. In the case of the equestrian and mtb event on the same weekend at Fall Creek, the mtb event had followed protocol and registered and been given approval for their event in advance, and the equestrian group had not.

                  The event calendar on CapitolForest.com is the most current available from DNR. The content of the Yahoo Group calendar includes these events, as well as work parties. The Yahoo event calendar can only be modified by a group moderator or owner. If you want anything added that is DNR approved and not posted, please email me or post it here to the group.

                  This is just my interpretation of the rules. Please contact DNR directly about these events if you have specific questions or want to clarify anything.

                  It's great to see the forum working for us!

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 31, 2012
                    Oh. Yes, Chris. That is the way it was from DNR. I believe "pending" means "event not yet completed".

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 31, 2012
                      AH HA!

                      Yahoo is performing maintenance on their calendar system. The calendar is now enabled, and can viewed by members and non members once their maintenance is completed.

                      Here is the message from Yahoo -

                      Scheduled Maintenance
                      We are undertaking some essential, but extensive maintenance to improve Yahoo! Calendar. Your Group Calendar is being migrated to a much improved version of Yahoo! Calendar. During the maintenance period, you may not have access to your Groups Calendar.

                      We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Your Groups Calendar is in great shape and we are working to have it available again as quickly as possible.

                      Yahoo! Groups & Yahoo! Calendar Team.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 31, 2012
                        Well, that makes sense! Thanks. I can't open the .docx