RR: Lost Valley reroute and Green Line 6

  • Jim@CapitolForest
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2012
      Rode the Lost Valley reroute for the first time tonight. Pretty fantastic. Overall the undulation and line chosen was fun to ride(with the exception of the road section) and looks like it will drain well. The tread was pretty punchy from horse traffic, but I suspect this will improve over time as the trail is ridden in during dryer weather. Lots of old notched/burnt stumps to look at and fun, flowy sections and corners. The reroute was considerably dryer than the old trail leading up to it. Also, there is a very dangerous little 4" diameter alder stump hiding in the grass in the ditch at the very first road intersection(coming from Fall Creek). I piled some branches and put a sign on it, but it should be removed. Carrying speed into that could result in a pretty serious over the bars crash in to the ditch. I just glanced off the side of it. GL6 coming down the clear cut was still pretty wet in quite a few places. A little over grown in the clear cut, but not too bad. Overall fun time in the sun.

      My loop was a counter clockwise loop starting/ending at Fall Creek. Lost Valley/20/GL6.
      http://app.strava.com/rides/11914150

      Here are some photos. The stump is under the sign in the last photo.