glass company closing

  • William Case
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
      Hi all,

      Another glass company bites the dust.  This article reminds me of the time when Imperial closed. Kind of sad

      Will
    • dbfrogs@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
        I saw that yesterday Will, its so sad Fenton and now this...
        Fran

        Another glass company bites the dust.  This article reminds me of the time when Imperial closed. Kind of sad

        Will
      • susan j ~ purtycherty
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2011
          Makes one wonder how a company with sales of $25M/year and 60 employees is operating at an average loss of $5M/year?  Figuring $25M for 52 weeks @ 5 days per week means their operating costs per day have to be over $96K?  All that probably makes sense, somehow, but those numbers just seem out of kilter.  Even if payroll costs were  50%, employees would average an annual salary of $200K+?  Or maybe the benefits are stellar?  Or maybe the company officers are very well paid?  Maybe the $25M is a typo?

          ~ susan j
          On Sep 1, 2011, at 11:26 PM, William Case wrote:

          Hi all,

          Another glass company bites the dust.  This article reminds me of the time when Imperial closed. Kind of sad

          Will

        • janet bruman
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 5, 2011
            I agree with Will; this is very sad to lose such an historic company.  Objects of such quality were always rare, and now will be even more so.

            Janet
            janet.bruman@...