Re: [CandlewickCollector] Any Ideas?

  • Jackie Sears
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2011
      If you're in no hurry to sell it...and you're making an inventory of it anyway...have you considered emailing this list your inventory? I really don't know how many people are on this list..and I know you don't want...in general...to sell it a piece at a time. But...if you made it a private offering only to those on this list...and offered it at a per piece price...that might deal with a chunk of it for you. Then after the list has their chance, find a local place to sell it? Just a thought. I know this is not ideal, because shipping is involved, along with your time.
      If you live near Pasadena, then I think you might want to try taking a few pieces and see how it sells. Garage sales are not the answer...not if you want to get good prices.
      You might consider contacting another auction house and see if you get the same response. Maybe this person just didn't want to sell smalls...who knows.
      I wish you the best of luck with this..
      Jackie Sears
      San Antonio, Texas
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2011
        There have been several large collections come on the market in the last year.  This drives the prices down.  Add to that the economy and you have a tough decision to make.
        Yes, you can sell it easily enough if you are prepared to swallow hard and set bargain prices.  Period.
        People who can't afford EBay anymore will buy a piece they don't need need at a sale because they can't pass up the very low price!
        Things that are changing hands these days are doing it at reduced prices, you have to make it a "Can't pass up" price. This goes for houses, cars, boats, electronics...really everything is going cheap if it goes at all. Otherwise it sits.
        You can fuss all day about where to put it out (garage, booth, ebay etc). but if you aren't prepared to sell it at rock bottom price you will not succeed.
        I (like others) am devastated by the value  of my property vs. what it was worth 3 years ago, and that includes my Candlewick collection.
        The reality is I can hang on to it or sell cheap.  That's it.