Candlewick heart bowl

  • billy112833
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2011
      I noticed this heart bowl on ebay today and wondered if anyone knows anything about it. It doesn't have any beads at two different places. Item number is 260796685085. Any help is appreciated. Haven't been on the internet much lately.
      Thanks, Bill
    • rexjocelyn
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 2011
        I'm certainly no expert but my guess is that some of the beads broke off or were chipped and someone got creative and polished the areas down even to salvage the piece. To me, it is not that appealing with the missing beads and I'm doubting it was meant to be this way. I'm kind of stumped by it. Hoping the experts will weigh in and see if they have any info on it.

        Thanks for sharing it. Rex

      • bethmcneely@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 7, 2011
          That was exactly my thought, if you look at the left side it's a little uneven where they polished it differently from the other side.

          It makes me uncomfortable to have the beads off like that.  I don't like anything about it.

          This is the kind of thing you should buy at a garage sale for a dollar or something, it has no business being sold as good Candlewick in my opinion.
        • Joan Cimini
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 7, 2011

            It’s a repaired item, no doubt about it.  And I agree…….not on e-bay with absolutely no explanation!   With that much original damage…garbage can !!

            Joan

            That was exactly my thought, if you look at the left side it's a little uneven where they polished it differently from the other side.

            It makes me uncomfortable to have the beads off like that.  I don't like anything about it.

            This is the kind of thing you should buy at a garage sale for a dollar or something, it has no business being sold as good Candlewick in my opinion.

          • Dave & Jill Eddy
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 7, 2011
              Hi Joan , your name is familiar to me and I think you may have known my Mother. I inherited her Candlewick collection and her name is Joan Mueller. I live in Bethesda at my parents house.
              Jill Mueller Eddy