Imperial Moulds for Sale on Ebay

  • mary
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2007
      You all have been SO great in helping me in the past AND with
      information I just gobble up! I don't know if this is news to you or
      not, but I've found a seller on Ebay who seems to be selling Imperial
      glassware moulds. They're not candlewick, but someone here might be
      interested since they must be a part of the "History" of Imperial that
      we all love so much. I know I read somewhere "who" bought up the CW
      moulds. This might be of interest.

      The seller is: http://myworld.ebay.com/hotglasspeddler/

      I noticed one other CW collector I have had experience as a buyer with
      on Ebay has already caught up a couple of these.

      Anywhoooooo.... Thought Y'All might like to know.

      Warmest Regards,

      Mary
    • dbfrogs@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 6, 2007
        Mary...
        Thanks for this information , I will go look...
        Fran

      • wes1405
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 7, 2007
          Fran can you tell what was made with these molds or what line?
          Thanks,
          Bill

        • dbfrogs@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 7, 2007
            Wes,
            I asked Carl Burns to take a look and this is what he told me
            Fran
            "Yes, those are Imperial moulds, mostly "blank" ones for mould-blowing from Imperial's line of wheel cut designs from the late teens & 20's. Interesting that there has been a large number of old moulds hitting the Ebay market ever since Fenton announced their imminent closing. Can't help but wonder if all of them were privately owned moulds, on loan or lease to Fenton, and when it became clear that Fenton would be closing, the owners retrieved them from Fenton's mould room & are now selling them off."

          • dbfrogs@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 7, 2007
              Sorry that was for Bill!
              Fran