I'm a newbie

  • nduckles@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2000
      Hello, all. I'm a little shy about posting here...I never belong to
      internet groups, but this subject is one of my passions and I just
      decided to go for it. My Candlewick interest started on my wedding
      day....my mother, as it turns out, had started collecting Candlewick
      about 5 years earlier, had gotten together quite a few pieces, and
      gave me her collection as a wedding present. At the time, I didn't
      appreciate it as much as I now do (I was young and wanted the crystal
      you find in the big department stores, you know?) but I have recently
      unpacked it all and bought a cabinet for my dining room to display
      it. It's so gorgeous, and my interest in adding pieces has been
      rekindled. After a lot of research over the last couple of months,
      including buying several books of Mary Wetzel's, I realized that some
      of the pieces I had were, in fact, not Candlewick, but Nob Hill by
      Libbey. I have since sold them. My favorite stemware line is the
      3400 line, but I can't seem to find many clarets anywhere. They are
      the only things I'm missing that I'd love to find a bunch of. Does
      anyone know why they seem to be so rare? Anyway, after reading a lot
      of your posts, I realize that I still have a lot to learn, and I look
      forward to communicating with you all. Thanks.

      Nancy