Cream soup bowl

  • ywalters@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2006
      Last week while browsing an antique store in Toledo, I found a 400/50 cream soup bowl for $6.00!
      My Garrison 2003 book lists it for $45-55.  It is very pretty.  I had never seen one and at first wasn't sure it was Candlewick, but now believe it is.  I'm running out of space, but the hunting is so much fun.

      Vonnie
    • Liz and Dave Hogan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2006
        That's great!!  Several weeks ago I was at an auction outside Albany NY, when my husband was going through box lots and found a cream soup bowl in one of the boxes.  I have an extra plate for the bottom of it. Guess what,  I got it for the cost of the box lot - $1.00!!!! You never know.

        Liz Hogan
        Last week while browsing an antique store in Toledo, I found a 400/50 cream soup bowl for $6.00!
        My Garrison 2003 book lists it for $45-55.  It is very pretty.  I had never seen one and at first wasn't sure it was Candlewick, but now believe it is.  I'm running out of space, but the hunting is so much fun.

        Vonnie
      • Dan Tyner
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2006
          Vonnie,

          The hunt, and finding a bargain like you did is what keeps us all going. <G>  Also the challenge of figuring out for sure which piece of CW this is adds to excitement.

          Happy to hear you found a new treasure.

          Dan

          Last week while browsing an antique store in Toledo, I found a 400/50 cream soup bowl for $6.00!
          My Garrison 2003 book lists it for $45-55.  It is very pretty.  I had never seen one and at first wasn't sure it was Candlewick, but now believe it is.  I'm running out of space, but the hunting is so much fun.

          Vonnie

          Have a friend who is as crazy about Candlewick as you are?  Well, be sure to tell them about this list.  Feel free to forward this to them.

          Hobby and craft supply Elegant glassware Craft hobby
          Imperial candlewick

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS