Stars & Stripes Cut?

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2006
      Found a 400/63B 4 1/2" compote while antiquing in Richmond, VA on
      Saturday. It was cut with 8 point stars of the starlight pattern but
      also has 6 "stripes" cut radially from the center (equally spaced
      around the bowl). I call a "stars and stripes" cut but have never seen
      anything written about it in any book that I have. I'll try to post a
      photo when I get a chance. Any ideas about this cut? I didn't even
      try to dicker with the asking price of $30 - just plopped my money
      down and walked away with a smile!
    • Joan Cimini
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2006
        For that price I would not have dickered either. I have seen that cut
        before but send me a pic when you can. I have seen something written on it
        and a name...but will have to look for it.

        Joan

        Found a 400/63B 4 1/2" compote while antiquing in Richmond, VA on
        Saturday. It was cut with 8 point stars of the starlight pattern but
        also has 6 "stripes" cut radially from the center (equally spaced
        around the bowl). I call a "stars and stripes" cut but have never seen
        anything written about it in any book that I have. I'll try to post a
        photo when I get a chance. Any ideas about this cut? I didn't even
        try to dicker with the asking price of $30 - just plopped my money
        down and walked away with a smile!

        Have a friend who is as crazy about Candlewick as you are? Well, be sure to
        tell them about this list. Feel free to forward this to them.

        To change between email and digest versions of this list, or to unsubscribe,
        simply go to http://www.yahoogroups.com, and you can adjust your options
        right there.

        Another way to unsubscribe is to simply send an email to
        CandlewickCollector-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • dbfrogs@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2006
          I would Love to see a picture of that too...Sounds wonderful...Fran