Re: [CandlewickCollector] New Member & a Lamp Shades Question

  • VRS1CW@AOL.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2000
      Hi Rick,

      Welcome to the group. It is nice to have a Canadian in our group. I have been
      very interested in the pieces cut with Canadian Corn Flower design by Hughes.

      As to the shades. I was very surprised to see that the seller gave page 147
      of my Collector's Guide to Imperial Candlewick book as the reference. Lamp
      shades have been quite a puzzle for collectors. We really don't have a great
      deal of information about them. The best reference is Myrna & Bob Garrison's
      book Imperial's Boudoir, Etcetera and it doesn't have a lot about ceiling
      shades. The shades on e-Bay look quite a lot like the patent design, except
      they have the three holes for attaching them to the fixture instead of one
      hole at the bottom. I really can't authenticate them as Candlewick or
      Imperial but they may be. We do know that Imperial made lighting fixtures
      for Midwest Chandelier Co and Lightolier Co. Garrison's book says that
      Imperial 's lawyers contacted "lighting companies for possible infringement
      of the Candlewick pattern because their shades closely resembled the
      Candlewick line".

      Sorry I can't be more definite, but that is how it goes with Candlewick
      research.

      Virginia Scott