birthday cakeplate

  • William Case
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
      Hey group:

      I must brag a little...

      I finally found a birthday cake plate and it only set me back $400.00 bucks. I found it on ebay but I bid to low so I contacted the buyer himself after it ended on ebay and I got it!!!(Thanks to this groups suggestions)   I am sooo happy.... It was delivered today and is in mint condition!  He apprently bought it at an esate auction near his place in Minniapolis and the lady never/rarely used it so it looks excellent. No scratches or chips!  We are having our house re-sided and replacing some windows so I "borrowed" the money from that fund so my wife wouldn't see it missing from the check book balance!  She has always wanted one for years but she always says it's too expensice so she keeps dreaming... She will flip when she opens up her package this morning and I'll rack up some good brownie points that I may need later when I forget her birthday or something... LOL... Today is our 22nd wedding anniversary so It came in the nick of time. I was going to save it for xmas but her Dad's birthday is Nov 3 and I am sure she will have his cake on there with all his candles as he turns 72!

      Now group you have to help me to try and top this for next years annivesary...  any suggestions??

      Thanks group for all your help... You guys are the best....

      Bill
    • rjdeg@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
        Bill,
        Your wife is a lucky lady!
        Jo
      • RCchamp1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
          Wow, good job!  Your wife is going to be ecstatic!!! :)
        • VRS1CW@AOL.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
            Bill,

            Congraulations on getting the Birthday Cake Plate at a reasonable price and
            to you and your wife on your 22nd Anniversary. I'm sure she was very happy to
            receive the plate as an Anniversary present.

            Virginia