Re: Welcome Beverly

  • VRS1CW@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2000
      Hello everyone--
      Greetings from the "Sunny South"! Well, it is sunny today after having
      gone through two ice storms on two consecutive week-ends. Slick streets,
      roads and highways--many accidents--power outages for over 100,000! We were
      among the fortunate--our power outage lasted only 6 1/2 hours--time enough
      for the house to get very chilly, but on again in time to warm up and cook
      supper.
      I am glad to see that we have gained a new member or two during the period.
      Welcome to those who have joined. I enjoyed hearing about Charlene's bed and
      breakfast and consignment house in Davidson, NC. Do you really have only a
      punch bowl set , Charlene? You asked the value of a set. There are several
      kinds: ( Wetzel's '99 & More Prices)
      400/20--13" Bowl, 12 cups & 17" Torte plate--$200-350
      400/128- 6 qt Bowl on 10" wide base, 12 cups--$300-450
      400/210-10qt Bowl on 3 1/2" tall belled base, 12 cups--$450-550

      Welcome to GOusley, Beverly and Shitotea--We always enjoy hearing from
      collectors.
      Someone asked about how to order my book. Here is the address: ($13.50 ppd.
      Will include a little handout booklet on Look-likes. 1999 Edition, very
      complete information)
      Virginia Scott
      275 Milledge Terrace
      Athens, GA 30606
    • tswans@ix.netcom.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2000
        --- In CandlewickCollector@egroups.com, HStoetzer@a... wrote:
        > From Apache Junction. If you're not aware, the Arizona
        > Depression Glass Club show each fall has a great
        > Candlewick dealer at the show. Penny Drucker from Calif
        > brings a lot of nice, hard to find Candlewick to the show.
        > Other dealers at the show have some Candlewick too. Let me
        > know if you need information about this year's show, I'll
        > put you on the mailing list. Harold in Glendale.

        We spend quite a bit of time in Apache Junction during the winter.
        Harold, would you send along info for the glass show in the fall.
        Thanks. Gayle