Glass Show- Information ??

  • ffroto
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2002
      My wife and I collect CW and recently started selling it online and
      at flea markets. Neither sell very well. We're thinking of Glass
      shows. Were from Southern Wisconsin. Anyone have any ideas or
      information to pass of good shows/contacts for the Midwest.

      Thanks,

      Steven & Karen Coakley
      yelkaco@...
    • Joan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2002
        The glass shows are not that great now either. they only want to buy the
        very top mdse. and at a low price. High priced does not sell that well.
        Shows are very expensive to do..there is booth rent that is steep ........
        depending on the area of the show and how big it is....motel bills and then
        food........plus your travel and gass $. so shows are no picnic either.
        I just heard that one in San Antonio , Tx, the booth rent is about
        425.........it ranges from 175 to about 600 for the top shows. My advice
        is to buy when affordable, lay low a couple of years...the glass economy is
        not that good now either. E-Bay is not all it is cracked up to be and
        takes a whole lot of time. I for one do not that kind of time. Flea
        Mkts..these are the cheap ways to go but then you compete with everyone
        selling the same thing as you and cheaper than you and it is dirty unless
        you are inside and it is clean. If outside and it rains or the wind comes
        up and blows over a table that is the pits.......so thake your choice here.
        Joan
        > My wife and I collect CW and recently started selling it online and
        > at flea markets. Neither sell very well. We're thinking of Glass
        > shows. Were from Southern Wisconsin. Anyone have any ideas or
        > information to pass of good shows/contacts for the Midwest.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Steven & Karen Coakley
        > yelkaco@...
        >

        > Have a friend who is as crazy about Candlewick as you are? Well, be sure
        to tell them about this list. Feel free to forward this to them.

        > To change between email and digest versions of this list, or to
        unsubscribe, go to http://www.yahoogroups.com and you can adjust your
        options there.