Need help!

  • rd52690@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2001
      Hi everyone! Can anyone tell me if the Marmalade Set o eBay - #1233554287
      is the real thing or not?

      The price seems way to good, and since I'm so new to collecting I don't know!

      Thanks in advance,
      Donna
    • mikewlson-mi
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2001
        Hi Donna-

        Yes, this is the 400/1989 3-pc. marmalade set. (The jar portion is the
        400/19 7oz. old fashioned which is used to make up this set.) The spoon
        seems aok also....at least the notched opening on the lid (parts photo)
        'appears' that it's cut large enough so it accepts the ladle handle
        without much of a problem. If you want to be certain, email the seller
        asap for clarification and hope to get a response BEFORE the auction
        ends. :o)

        This listing does have a reserve, which hadn't been met when I looked.
        It may appear 'cheap' now, but til the seller's reserve is met
        (whatever that is??), the current price is academic. Who knows what
        will take place at the end.

        Happy Collecting-
        Mary Lee
      • rd52690@aol.com