Religion vs atheism

  • Ernie Schreiber
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2002
      The essay entitled: "The Scourge of Religious Faith vs the Rationality of
      Atheism" has now been published in its bilingual version (English/German)
      on the Eunacom web site. You can access the essay directly by clicking on
      the link below:

      http://eunacom.net/Religion_Atheism.htm

      You can also access numerous other articles and news items by going to the
      "Ed_Com_Op" page which can be accessed by the hyperlink at the bottom of
      the essay page, or directly by clicking on the link below:

      http://eunacom.net/Ed_Com_Op.htm

      Regards,

      H. E. (Ernie) Schreiber
      EUNACOM Secular Journal: http://eunacom.net
      Discussion List Server at: <eunacom@yahoogroups.com>
    • Ernie Schreiber
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7, 2013
        A comment from Ernie Schreiber:

        I read a lot of mistaken and outright false comments on historic facts in the exchange between religiosity and atheism in the postings on this site. I had the dubious "fortune" to be born in 1929 in Nuremberg, Germany (Die Stadt der Reichsparteitage or "City of Party Conventions of the Reich"). I grew up during the rule of the Nazi regime and was also a member of the Hitler Youth ("drafted" into it and not by choice) as was Sepp Ratzinger. Atheism was outlawed by the Hitler regime and atheists were harassed by the authorities. Hitler actually promoted himself as a fulfiller of the Jesus of Nazareth (he called him the "Great Nazarene") command to exterminate all Jews. Many people are ignorant of these facts but I lived there and I experienced it. In some of his speeches Hitler actually stated that religion is very important and atheists cannot be trusted. Then, to call the Nazi regime atheistic is not only a falsification of the facts but an outright lie that runs counter to the facts. There may well have been atheistic undercurrents in Nazi Germany, but they were never supported by the authorities.

        Regards,
        H. E. [Ernie] Schreiber
        EUNACOM Secular Journal: http://eunacom.net
        Discussion List Server at: <eunacom@yahoogroups.com>