Atheist Definition

  • dicoll2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2002
      Hello everyone,

      Not much activity in the group.
      We may be resurrected and breathing but not yet talking. I s'pose that
      most of you are on summer holidays and are taking it easy.

      Anyway, how do you like the new greeting on our home page?
      This definition of Atheism was originally coined by Madalyn O'Hair,
      the outspoken and somewhat abrasive founder of American Atheists,
      who single handedly challenged the American school system in court
      and forced them to remove prayer and religious instructions from the
      curriculum.

      Atheism may be defined as the mental attitude
      which unreservedly accepts the supremacy of reason
      and aims at establishing a system of philosophy and ethics,
      verifiable by experience, independent of all arbitrary
      assumptions of authority or creeds.

      Regards,
      Dan Roper