Re: Extinction of the Human Race

  • mostafadia1
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 19, 2013
      if we join forces as human beings, then all money spent on wars will be
      re-channeled to the well-being of all creatures on Earth. Do not
      underestimate the power of human beings, and as for the struggle over
      Palestine, I agree with you that all parties are manipulating religion
      in a way that made all of us hate religion, but there is a power that
      rules the universe which is not like what we describe it to be.
      --- In CanadianAtheist@yahoogroups.com, Dan Roper wrote:

      > Just a few random thoughts on your contribution:
      >
      > I agree in that overpopulation is the most serious challenge for
      humanity. Whether it leads to extinction or all out war is debatable.
      Perhaps extinction after an all out war? Or some type of Phoenix-like
      redevelopment of humanity.

      > I don't think that genetic engineering and and nanotechnology
      will make the planet Earth into the "Kingdom of Heavens". What does that
      even mean?

      > Who will do the engineering and to what end? Who will decide which way
      nanotechnology will be applied and to whom? Monsanto?

      > Who will pay for these technologies? Human invention is based on
      necessity, competition and rewards.

      > Space travel seems feasible in going to the Moon and Mars, even though
      their environment is unfriendly to our biology. While individuals may
      travel there, a mass exodus seems impractical. Again, who will fund
      these lofty goals while we are starving right here on this planet.

      > In an overpopulated world, would you really want the human lifespan to
      reach unimaginable levels?

      > The Arab/Israeli conflict should demonstrate to you how peaceful
      co-existence will never work unless we can abandon religious thinking.
      Here we have about 10 Million people fighting over the same piece of
      real estate, based on a claimed divine right of possession. That
      conflict is minuscule compared to the rest of the planets population.

      > Your proposal regarding the distribution of wealth sounds suspiciously
      like the Communist Manifesto, a proven failed experiment.

      > And you want the USA to lead the human race towards love and peace?
      >
      > Now I know that you are just pulling our chain.
      >
      > Dan Roper
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Michael Sherlock
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 28, 2013
        Let's Tear Up The Qur'an: Episode 1

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wizJ9vmrRk

        Michael Sherlock
        www.facebook.com/MICHAELSHERLOCK.AUTHOR
        www.michaelsherlock.org

        ' The Christian resolve to find the world evil and ugly, has made the world evil and ugly.'
        – Friedrich Nietzsche

        Subject: [CanadianAtheist] Extinction of the Human Race
        To: CanadianAtheist@yahoogroups.com