Re: [CanadianAtheist] Extinction of the Human Race

  • Dan Roper
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 18, 2013
      Just a few random thoughts on your contribution:

      I agree in that overpopulation is the most serious challenge for humanity. Whether it leads to extinction or all out war is debatable. Perhaps extinction after an all out war? Or some type of Phoenix-like redevelopment of humanity.

      I don't think that  genetic engineering and and nanotechnology will make the planet Earth into the "Kingdom of Heavens". What does that even mean?

      Who will do the engineering and to what end? Who will decide which way nanotechnology will be applied and to whom? Monsanto?

      Who will pay for these technologies? Human invention is based on necessity, competition and rewards.

      Space travel seems feasible in going to the Moon and Mars, even though their environment is unfriendly to our biology. While individuals may travel there, a mass exodus seems impractical. Again, who will fund these lofty goals while we are starving right here on this planet.

      In an overpopulated world, would you really want the human lifespan to reach unimaginable levels?

      The Arab/Israeli conflict should demonstrate to you how peaceful co-existence will never work unless we can abandon religious thinking. Here we have about 10 Million people fighting over the same piece of real estate, based on a claimed divine right of possession. That conflict is minuscule compared to the rest of the planets population.

      Your proposal regarding the distribution of wealth sounds suspiciously like the Communist Manifesto, a proven failed experiment.

      And you want the USA to lead the human race towards love and peace?

      Now I know that you are just pulling our chain.

      Dan Roper

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 19, 2013
        if we join forces as human beings, then all money spent on wars will be
        re-channeled to the well-being of all creatures on Earth. Do not
        underestimate the power of human beings, and as for the struggle over
        Palestine, I agree with you that all parties are manipulating religion
        in a way that made all of us hate religion, but there is a power that
        rules the universe which is not like what we describe it to be.
        --- In CanadianAtheist@yahoogroups.com, Dan Roper wrote:

        > Just a few random thoughts on your contribution:
        >
        > I agree in that overpopulation is the most serious challenge for
        humanity. Whether it leads to extinction or all out war is debatable.
        Perhaps extinction after an all out war? Or some type of Phoenix-like
        redevelopment of humanity.

        > I don't think that genetic engineering and and nanotechnology
        will make the planet Earth into the "Kingdom of Heavens". What does that
        even mean?

        > Who will do the engineering and to what end? Who will decide which way
        nanotechnology will be applied and to whom? Monsanto?

        > Who will pay for these technologies? Human invention is based on
        necessity, competition and rewards.

        > Space travel seems feasible in going to the Moon and Mars, even though
        their environment is unfriendly to our biology. While individuals may
        travel there, a mass exodus seems impractical. Again, who will fund
        these lofty goals while we are starving right here on this planet.

        > In an overpopulated world, would you really want the human lifespan to
        reach unimaginable levels?

        > The Arab/Israeli conflict should demonstrate to you how peaceful
        co-existence will never work unless we can abandon religious thinking.
        Here we have about 10 Million people fighting over the same piece of
        real estate, based on a claimed divine right of possession. That
        conflict is minuscule compared to the rest of the planets population.

        > Your proposal regarding the distribution of wealth sounds suspiciously
        like the Communist Manifesto, a proven failed experiment.

        > And you want the USA to lead the human race towards love and peace?
        >
        > Now I know that you are just pulling our chain.
        >
        > Dan Roper
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Michael Sherlock
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 28, 2013
          Let's Tear Up The Qur'an: Episode 1

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wizJ9vmrRk

          Michael Sherlock
          www.facebook.com/MICHAELSHERLOCK.AUTHOR
          www.michaelsherlock.org

          ' The Christian resolve to find the world evil and ugly, has made the world evil and ugly.'
          – Friedrich Nietzsche

          To: CanadianAtheist@yahoogroups.com