Believe in Jesus - He is real

  • saturn_115
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2011
      Believe in Jesus, the son of the God, who died on cross for our sins. God wants that the one who believe in His son, Jesus, would have eternal life in paradise after death. I can assure that He is real because of my experience and if you believe in Him, you will feel better.
    • jonovision_man
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5, 2011
        --- In CanadianAtheist@yahoogroups.com, "saturn_115" <saturn_115@...> wrote:

        > Believe in Jesus, the son of the God, who died on cross for our sins.
        > God wants that the one who believe in His son, Jesus, would have
        > eternal life in paradise after death. I can assure that He is real
        > because of my experience and if you believe in Him, you will feel
        > better.

        Lots of things that make you feel better aren't good for you in the long term...

        Lots of people claim to have had "experiences" of all kinds, and across every religion. If that was going to be enough to sway anyone here, we'd be Christians already... or Hindus, Muslims, etc.

        Perhaps you should consider that your "experience" might be the product of the influence of others, or of wishful thinking. It's far more likely than Jesus being real, at least in the sense that you're claiming him to be real.

        jono
      • david danel
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 5, 2011
          Oh, jono, good old jono
          one of the chosen few
          whose experience really counts
          whose senses no one can fool

          he just trusts his brain
          although it's the very same poor product
          of the same evolutionary accidentality
          that created that blind religious fold

          (from the collection of one-minute-poems "the real jono")

          hope, you don't mind, jono. of course, this pseudo-poem is quite stupid. I just
          wanted to lighten up the non-soluble questioning.... ;) otherwise, your
          arguments are brilliant as always (and you know it)

          david

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 5, 2011
            Define "accidentally".

            jono

            --- In CanadianAtheist@yahoogroups.com, david danel <david_danel@...> wrote:

            > Oh, jono, good old jono
            > one of the chosen few
            > whose experience really counts
            > whose senses no one can fool
            >
            > he just trusts his brain
            > although it's the very same poor product
            > of the same evolutionary accidentality
            > that created that blind religious fold
            >
            > (from the collection of one-minute-poems "the real jono")
            >
            > hope, you don't mind, jono. of course, this pseudo-poem is quite stupid. I just
            > wanted to lighten up the non-soluble questioning.... ;) otherwise, your
            > arguments are brilliant as always (and you know it)
            >
            > david
            >

            > ________________________________

          • david danel
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 7, 2011
              Dear Jono,

              the word "accidentally" was not used, if you were reading correctly. Besides,
              the message behind this stupid little poem was a bit different - it's not
              discussing the interpretation of darwinist or post-darwinist evolution.

              also, it's quite funny to see how the positivists, such as you probably, who
              adopt kind of scientism belief come always with the same requirements : define
              this, define that ;) Does it demonstrate the lack of arguments?

              best wishes,

              david

              ________________________________
              > although it's the very same poor product
              > of the same evolutionary accidentality
              > that created that blind religious fold
              >
              > (from the collection of one-minute-poems "the real jono")
              >
              > hope, you don't mind, jono. of course, this pseudo-poem is quite stupid. I just
              >
              > wanted to lighten up the non-soluble questioning.... ;) otherwise, your
              > arguments are brilliant as always (and you know it)
              >
              > david
              >

              > ________________________________

            • jonovision_man
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 7, 2011
                --- In CanadianAtheist@yahoogroups.com, david danel <david_danel@...> wrote:

                > Dear Jono,
                >
                > the word "accidentally" was not used, if you were reading correctly. Besides,
                > the message behind this stupid little poem was a bit different - it's not
                > discussing the interpretation of darwinist or post-darwinist evolution.
                >
                > also, it's quite funny to see how the positivists, such as you probably, who
                > adopt kind of scientism belief come always with the same requirements : define
                > this, define that ;) Does it demonstrate the lack of arguments?

                No, it demonstrates a desire to understand what someone else is claiming before attempting to present one's own arguments.

                If it rains on a field and the run-off creates a stream, you wouldn't call that stream an "accident", it's merely the product of natural forces that we can see and understand. Likewise, our brains were not an accident, they are merely the result of a natural process of evolution.

                I also take issue with "he just trusts his brain"... I certainly do not believe my brain is infallible, I can be fooled by optical illusions like anyone, I can hallucinate, the human brain is far from perfect. I acknowledge this and treat extraordinary claims that cannot be independently verified as likely the product of someone's mis-firing brain rather than as gospel. So to speak.

                jono