article: Outcry over death sentence for 'blasphemy' mother who offer

  • Ernie Schreiber
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2010
      Posted by: "jlsoaz" jlsoaz@... jlsoaz
      on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:57 pm (PST)

      The death sentence is not of an atheist, but of a Christian, in
      Pakistan. I guess I'm noting it because it's of some interest
      to keep track of persecution by religionists of others, in
      general.
      ------------(remainder snipped to save space)
      -----------------------
      Comment from Ernie Schreiber:
      This is a catch 22 situation. On the one hand, we (and rightly so, I might
      add) object to have Sharia law imposed on us in our civilization and abide
      by all these ridiculous restrictions as to not making fun of Mohammad (or
      whatever his name is) who was just an ancient used camel dealer as far as I
      can tell, and a pedophile to boot. I have no use for him just as I have no
      use for any other quasi-religious figures. and that even includes the Dalai
      Lama or any other camel.

      This being the case, we really have no right to impose our laws and legal
      systems (and freedoms, etc) on other, sovereign countries who can use the
      same arguments. If we would like to bring the rest of the world up to our
      standards of equal rights and freedoms for all, in particular freedom of (or
      from) religion(s), we would have to fight endless wars of attrition. Far
      better to invite people to immigrate and have them, as a condition, sign a
      statement that says that they will adjust to our standards and abide by our
      laws and customs, failing that, they would be promptly deported back to
      their country of origin.

      What say you?

      Regards,
      H. E. (Ernie) Schreiber