Hewers of wood and drawers of water...

  • Ernie Schreiber
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2009
      The Toronto Star published my letter to the editor, expressing concern about
      the neglect of science and research by the present Canadian government. I
      copied the text below. You can see the actual article by clicking on the
      link below:

      http://www.thestar.com/comment/article/64333/

      Jun 01, 2009 04:30 AM

      RE: Ottawa opens Candu to sale, May 28

      Seems the Canadian government is determined to return Canadians to the
      hewers of wood and drawers of water. At a time when prices are at rock
      bottom, we are having a fire sale of advanced research facilities (AECL,
      Nortel Networks, etc.) whereas we throw billions of taxpayers' dollars at a
      declining auto industry. This is about the dumbest thing Canada can do at
      this stage. We have to remove this incompetent government quickly, before it
      can do any more damage! How about a vote of non-confidence at the opening of
      the next session of Parliament? Suddenly, this seems to be good idea!

      Regards,

      H. E. (Ernie) Schreiber, Ottawa