Re: Legalize Prostitution

  • Miss Reason
    Message 1 of 56 , Dec 1, 2007
      Kevin Saldanha brings up an interesting point regarding myoriginal post about Legalizing Prostitution. If you can rent the use ofyour body, why can't you sell your organs? I agree wholeheartedly. Asrepugnant as it may be, everyone should have the right to sell theirkidneys or any other organs. That's what owning your own bodymeans. Of course, if you believe in God, you think that only God canapprove of the sale of your organs or only God can approve of suicide.But since there is no God, human beings must have the ultimate right touse their bodies as they wish.

      G.S. Prendergast responds to my true story about the hiker whoamputated his own arm in order to escape being pinned down by a boulder.While he approves of that life-saving amputation, he has qualms about thebeggar cutting off a limb in order to be a more successful beggar, sincethat is not "life saving." I've never met a beggar whoamputated his own limb, so I don't know his motivation. But it may verywell be that he sees amputation as the only way to raise enough money toavoid starvation for himself and his family. So it might not be asirrational of an act as we might think.

      Miss Reason

    • Jack
      Message 56 of 56 , Dec 8, 2007
        I did a bit more research... plancanada.ca is clean. :)

        http://plancanada.ca/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=363&srcid=352

        We also like the fact that Plan has no religious, government or
        political affiliations. Their only agenda is to help the world's most
        needy children regardless of race or religion.

        I believe the Toronto Star also said they had very reasonable
        operating costs... so give 'er.

        jono