Happy Easter to all...

  • Ernie Schreiber
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6 8:41 AM
      Thoughts about the Easter Holidays from Europe:

      Frankfurter Rundschau, 05.04.2007 (translated by eunacom);

      "We don't know definitively if there ever was an historical Jesus," the
      Kopenhagen archeologist Thomas L. Thompson disillusions us in a conversation
      with Arno Widmann, just in time for the Christian feast of Easter. "But we
      do know: the Gospels are not interested in such a Jesus. All we know about
      Jesus comes from allegories, from ficticious stories that are solidly rooted
      in the ancient Near Eastern literary traditions... We have no idea who
      Jesus was, should he have really lived in the first century, aside from the
      stories that were written about him, and not one of those stories started in
      the first century."
      A rational comment, indeed. I haven't seen or heard of anything like that
      in any of the major news media in North America. All one hears about here
      is pro-religion propaganda strictly based on emotion and devoid of any
      rationality.

      Happy Easter!

      H. E. (Ernie) Schreiber
      EUNACOM Secular Journal: http://eunacom.net