Jesus, Myth of history or Son of God ?

  • emona2500
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 9 1:19 PM
      My name is Lorenzo Crescini. I am a Captain of the merchant Navy now
      on retirement.
      When I was a secular missionary in an African leprosary, I wrote
      some Flashes on the Holy Gospels which helped a lot of people by
      giving them new trust and hope. You will find them in web site

      www.lorenzocrescini.it/holygospels
      E mail:
      ricercapap@...

      Here are the first three Flashes as an example
      1. There is the historical proof the myth could not invent the
      Cross . If the Cross roused a "social orror" by the heathens ,it
      caused a shocking religious dismay by the Jews. It is not a case that
      the first christians in order to avoid that the preaching might be
      jeopardised.,represented the Cross by an anchor ,a plough, a mast, a
      man praying with open arms.How can we think that this way of dying
      was put in the myth by the christians themselves ?

      2. Should somebody tell us of having seen a dead person on the
      cross resuscitated, nobody would believe him. But if the same person
      stating that could also make miracles, then we would believe him.
      That happened to the Apostles who got the power of making miracles in
      order to be believed. Without that power, Christianity couldn't have
      been born.

      3. Jesus says on the Cross: "My God ,My God ,why did You abandon
      me ? Such words might even shock the reader. Why should they have
      been written if they weren't true,then ?
    • louis_cypher667
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 9 4:15 PM
        --- In CanadianAtheist@yahoogroups.com, "emona2500"
        <ricercaarch@l...> wrote:
        > My name is Lorenzo Crescini. I am a Captain of the merchant Navy
        now
        > on retirement.
        > When I was a secular missionary in an African leprosary,

        First and formost, I personally consider missionaries to be cultural
        terrorist, not a good way to validate any claims thay make...
        > I wrote
        > some Flashes on the Holy Gospels which helped a lot of people by
        > giving them new trust and hope. You will find them in web site
        >
        > www.lorenzocrescini.it/holygospels
        > E mail:
        > ricercapap@l...
        >
        > Here are the first three Flashes as an example
        > 1. There is the historical proof the myth could not invent the
        > Cross . If the Cross roused a "social orror" by the heathens ,it
        > caused a shocking religious dismay by the Jews. It is not a case
        that
        > the first christians in order to avoid that the preaching might be
        > jeopardised.,represented the Cross by an anchor ,a plough, a mast,
        > man praying with open arms.How can we think that this way of dying
        > was put in the myth by the christians themselves ?

        The cross was a common Roman device of execution, they crucified
        THOUSANDS of people. You revere a device of torture...

        > 2. Should somebody tell us of having seen a dead person on the
        > cross resuscitated, nobody would believe him. But if the same
        person
        > stating that could also make miracles, then we would believe him.

        No, people claiming miracles MUST back up their claims...

        > That happened to the Apostles who got the power of making miracles
        in
        > order to be believed. Without that power, Christianity couldn't
        have
        > been born.

        Without the sword, Christianity would never have spread... it could
        NOT have spread on its own merits, there are none.

        > 3. Jesus says on the Cross: "My God ,My God ,why did You abandon
        > me ? Such words might even shock the reader. Why should they have
        > been written if they weren't true,then ?

        Should they have wrote "Ouch, that REALLY freekin' hurts!!!" ?

        LC >;-}>

        "Teach a man to fish, and you'll feed him forever, teach a man to
        pray, and he'll starve while praying for a fish..."
      • JF
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 9 4:50 PM
          Are you the Louis Cypher from Paltalk's social issues? If so Hi
          there... Glad to see you again.

          JF

          --- In CanadianAtheist@yahoogroups.com, "louis_cypher667"

        • Ann Stewart
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 9 10:58 PM
            <ricercaarch@l...> wrote:
            > My name is Lorenzo Crescini. I am a Captain of the merchant Navy
            now
            > on retirement.
            > When I was a secular missionary in an African leprosary,
            It doesn't sound to me like you were very secular. It always amuses me when religious people, who by definition feel insecure in their religion, join this list and try to convert us fine upstanding atheists. Yo, get a clue! We don't need a God to make it through life. We don't need one to blame, we don't need one for hope, we don't need one. We stand on our own feet. You believers are always having to convince yourselves that this caring god of yours had some Good Reason for punishing the innocent. You spend a lot of energy trying to justify your god's selfishness, meanness, temper tantrums, vengeance -- wake up! Yahweh is just another neighborhood bully. You spend HOURS talking to this illusion, hoping it'll take pity on you or whoever you're praying for. This is nothing but wishing. Very immature. If your wishes come true, you praise your god for having made it happen. If they don't, you actually excuse the bastard because he must have had some greater good in mind. A complete waste of time and energy.

            And here's something else I wonder about. If you love him so much, and want to be with him, and tell yourself that someone you loved who died is better off now with God, why don't you kill yourselves so you can be with him now? What purpose are you serving alive? Really. Think about it. Is your god so weak that he has to send puny little stupid humans to earth to carry out some cosmic design? Why can't he do it himself? Why did he invent humans anyway? All we've done is ruin this beautiful planet and kill each other. What the hell kind of god is that? If that's God, then I'd rather go to Hell (although I strongly believe that, if my burial wishes are carried out, I'll just decompose and serve as fertilizer for an apricot tree -- now there's a contribution to the planet).

            > 2. Should somebody tell us of having seen a dead person on the
            > cross resuscitated, nobody would believe him. But if the same
            person
            > stating that could also make miracles, then we would believe him.

            Just like that? Why??????? What's more believable about the claim that someone performed miracles than that he rose from the dead? More important, WHY DO YOU NEED TO BELIEVE THIS? Ask yourself. Sit yourself down and ask yourself if you could make it on earth, in your daily life, in your relationships, if there was no God, only the forces of nature. Yes, you could. Wouldn't you feel a lot better about yourself if you knew you could handle your own life YOURSELF? I noticed that your subject line included the possibility that Jesus was a myth. There must be a seed of doubt in your mind... Possibly because there's no actual proof that he ever existed? No record of him by the Romans, who kept impeccable records?

            > 3. Jesus says on the Cross: "My God ,My God ,why did You abandon
            > me ? Such words might even shock the reader. Why should they have
            > been written if they weren't true,then ?

            Say ... maybe Jesus, if he existed, SAW THE TRUTH as the blood drained to his feet -- that the "God" he preached DIDN'T EXIST.

            ruby2zdy, standing on her own feet for 40 years, through thick & thin, pleasure & pain, youth and age.

          • louis_cypher667
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 10 9:17 AM
              --- In CanadianAtheist@yahoogroups.com, "JF" <free2choose80@y...> wrote:
              > Are you the Louis Cypher from Paltalk's social issues? If so Hi
              > there... Glad to see you again.
              >
              > JF
              Yep, that's me...

              LC >;-}>