      From: jonovision_man <jon@...>
      Subject: [CanadianAtheist] Re: A Vatican Spring?
      To: CanadianAtheist@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, March 6, 2013, 1:49 PM

      --- In CanadianAtheist@yahoogroups.com, david danel wrote:

      > and BY THE WAY, the history showed already that homo sapiens somehow

      > needs religion (of any kind) anyway. Once people tried to cut off

      > links to organized religion (French Revolution, communist societies,

      > nazi communities) they easily, and with even more disastrous

      > results, adopt other destructive types of cults and then even

      > atheism becomes a monstrous cult, sect, brain-washing system

      > deforming science, culture and history. Sad, sad, sad.

      The opposite is in fact true:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Importance_of_religion_by_country

      Where is religion "most important" to people? In some of the most awful places to live on earth, war-torn countries where human rights are not even a blip on the radar.

      Meanwhile, in Sweden where 83% say religion is not important to them, human rights are respected as well as anywhere on earth. Same with Denmark, Norway - there are plenty of examples of largely atheist societies that have not devolved into "other destructive types of cults".

      jono