      From: dicoll3000 <dicoll3000@...>
      Subject: [CanadianAtheist] Re: A Vatican Spring?
      To: CanadianAtheist@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, March 5, 2013, 2:57 PM

      David,

      I see the growth of the RC church more as a violent conquest.

      In the early days, Christianity was indeed just a sect, until the Roman Emperor Constantin declared it as state religion. From that moment on, the growth of the RC church became exponential. It was however through force, intimidation and coercion that the 'Heathens' were brought into the religious fold.

      Goes to demonstrate that the difference between a sect and a religion is government support.

      Regards, Dan Roper