OA Lodge Renovation Project UPDATE!

  • bigbear318
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2007
      Fellow Alumni and Arrowmen,

      As you already know, Waguli 318 has been working on a project to
      renovate the old Dining Hall into a year-round OA, Handicraft and
      program facility. You hopefully received a letter at the beginning
      of that effort with an outline of the planned work and have had an
      opportunity to track progress and see the results for yourself.

      The renovation project, being overseen by a team of Arrowmen led by
      Tim McIntosh, was originally planned in 3 phases. Enough funding was
      raised to complete Phase 1, which included a new roof, structural
      renovation, and total re-wiring of the building. In fact, thanks in
      large part to donations of materials and volunteer labor, Phase 2,
      which included replacement of existing windows, new interior siding,
      and new or refinished flooring in the OA lodge section of the
      building, is also well underway, but this project has been a "pay as
      we go" effort from the beginning. The original cost of this
      renovation project was estimated at $25,000-$30,000 and more than
      $13,000 has been raised to-date. We have used most of that funding
      at this point.

      Completion of Phase 2 and Phase 3 involves installation of bathroom
      facilities, a special rodent-proof dressing room/storage area for
      ceremonial regalia and lodge supplies, new furnishings, and the
      completion of interior renovations, to include shelving, display
      cabinets, and other design elements. We cannot continue this project
      without additional funding, however. We need your help. We're
      renewing our fundraising efforts in an attempt to fund completion of
      the project. A detailed funding proposal and gift form will be
      posted on our council website, www.nwgabsa.org and hopefully on this
      site as well.

      Waguli 318 appreciates the efforts of CSDAA over the years to
      preserve the rich heritage and history of Camp Sidney Dew. We are
      proud to continue to work in partnership with CSDAA to make this
      happen and to ensure that future generations of Scouts enjoy our
      camp for BSA's next 100 years! Thank you again for all you do, and
      for considering assisting us in this effort!