File - Periodic Message

  • CampbellsAustralia@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 45 , Nov 1, 2002
      The "Campbells in Australia Group" FAQ - This is a periodic reminder to the Group - No action is required.
      The "Campbells in Australia Group" is an email discussion list dedicated to Genealogical & Family Tree research centering on their Australian Family lines. If you are interested in learning more about this family name or sharing your knowledge with your colleagues in this forum, this Group is for YOU.

      Ask someone to join the Campbells in Australia Group today.

      Access to the Group's web site is restricted to members only. Group Members can access it after they sign in. Membership benefits: You will receive messages sent to the list by other members, you can send message to list, join threaded discussion by replying to messages, sharing your opinion, and asking your own questions.

      You can read, search, or send messages to the list from anywhere using the group's web site, you can add files to the group's web site and you can change your message delivery to individual emails, daily digest, or no-mail. You can also read on the he web at the group's
      web site.

      Tips for Getting Organized
      As a Group Member, you have options to keep you organized. Let's explain some of these methods. Which method is best for you will depend on your personal preferences.

      Method 1: Individual emails: This is the default option when you subscribe to the list. Individual email messages will be sent to your subscribed address and they will arrive at your inbox. The advantage of this option is that you can read the messages you want, delete those you don't want, and save those messages you want to keep for future reference. In addition, if
      you use POP email (not web based), messages are downloaded to your machine, and you can read the messages offline, at your convenience.

      CampbellsAustralia-normal@yahoogroups.com gets you this type of mail (after you have changed from digest or nomail).

      Method 2: Daily digest : This method reduces the number of email messages you receive from the list by consolidating messages into a daily digest.

      CampbellsAustralia-digest@yahoogroups.com gets you this type of mail.

      Method 3: No email/go on vacation/temporarily stop delivery: With this method you do not receive list messages by email. Instead, you read list messages and participate in the list using the web interface. The advantage of this method is that you do not need an email program to participate in the list. You can access the web interface from anywhere you have access to the Internet. And it is available to all list members. You may also switch to this option when you want to temporarily stop email delivery during vacation or for other reasons.

      CampbellsAustralia-nomail@yahoogroups.com gets you this type of mail.

      Method 4: Individual email with filters
      With this method you receive individual list messages by email and you take advantage of the filtering feature of your email program to get organized. The CampbellsAustralia Group automatically prefixes the Subject field of all list messages delivered by email with [CampbellsAustralia] to make it easy for you to sort incoming messages.

      Most POP email programs and web based email applications provide you with a filtering tool to sort and organize incoming email messages. This tool is usually listed under the Options or the Tools menus of your application. It may be referred to as Rules Wizard, Messages
      Rules, Inbox Assistant, Filters, or Custom Filters.

      To take advantage of this feature, open your email application, create an email folder called "CampbellsAustralia" . Then create a filter to automatically move incoming messages that contain [CampbellsAustralia] in he subject line to the designated folder.
      Please spread the word after joining the Network.
      Your Group Moderators
    • blghjns
      Message 45 of 45 , Jan 18, 2013
        Dear Barbara,
        Im a descendant of the Campbells who lived at Glenmore. I would love to chat to you sometime.
        Regards,
        Cate