RE: [CampbellsAustralia] Re: Campbells in Victoria

  • Peter Campbell
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 15, 2013

      Hello Gwen

      My G father’s parents were James Campbell (1852-      ), & Maria Smith (1856-       ).

      James parents were William Campbell (1817-1902) & Margaret Garden(1819-1863), then married Margaret Flett (1823-1925)

      We live in WA, which is why we have lost knowledge of the family, but we are in Melbourne NOW for 2 more days as we have been chasing our family tree.

      We would like to hear from you about any info you may know about the family here in Vic.

      I have a lot of info about them in Findochty.

      Regards

      Peter & Lydia Campbell

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 15, 2013

        Hello Margaret

        That is great that your tree can be traced back that far.

        It looks like the Flett, Smith and Campbells  were indeed mixed up well together!!!

        We don’t at the moment have any certain knowledge of anyone earlier than mid 1700’s???

        Any info you had would be appreciated.

        Regards

        Peter Campbell