Re: Campbells, Glenaroua, Portland, western district, Kilmonivaig,

  • lynnehbbrd
    Message 1 of 4 , May 20, 2009
      Many thanks but don't believe I have Hugh in my ancestry Gillian. Appreciate response however. Lynne
      --- In CampbellsAustralia@yahoogroups.com, "Gillian" <gillda@...> wrote:

      > --- In CampbellsAustralia@yahoogroups.com, "lynnehbbrd" <juju44@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi - Looking for info/interest in Campbells arriving 1840s in Victoria and originating Kilmonivaig, Scotland. Love to hear and swap info. Thx,Lynne
      > >
      > Lynne, I have HUGH CAMPBELL born 01 May 1801 at Kilmonivaig who died 6/4/1865 at Inverleigh, Victoria.
      > He had 8 brothers and sisters, though I haven't tracked them all down, but one brother born Kilmallie (the district, not place, which is not far away).
      > He married twice - to Ann Gelford 1828 then Margaret Cameron 1844, both in Glasgow. He would have arrived in Australia 1855. I have much more if you want it. Gillian

    • gloria cross
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2009
        Sorry , i havent been on lately. PC Probs.  Wish i could help you. but at this stage all i know is that my natural father was a Campbell. Born about 1920. Would love to help it i could.. sorry

        To: CampbellsAustralia@yahoogroups.com
        From: juju44@...
        Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 09:30:34 +0000
        Subject: [CampbellsAustralia] Campbells, Glenaroua, Portland, western district, Kilmonivaig,

        Hi - Looking for info/interest in Campbells arriving 1840s in Victoria and originating Kilmonivaig, Scotland. Love to hear and swap info. Thx,Lynne

        Let us find your next place for you! Need a place to rent, buy or share?