Campbells, Glenaroua, Portland, western district, Kilmonivaig,

  • lynnehbbrd
    Message 1 of 4 , May 17, 2009
      Hi - Looking for info/interest in Campbells arriving 1840s in Victoria and originating Kilmonivaig, Scotland. Love to hear and swap info. Thx,Lynne
    • Gillian
      Message 2 of 4 , May 17, 2009
        --- In CampbellsAustralia@yahoogroups.com, "lynnehbbrd" <juju44@...> wrote:

        > Hi - Looking for info/interest in Campbells arriving 1840s in Victoria and originating Kilmonivaig, Scotland. Love to hear and swap info. Thx,Lynne

        Lynne, I have HUGH CAMPBELL born 01 May 1801 at Kilmonivaig who died 6/4/1865 at Inverleigh, Victoria.
        He had 8 brothers and sisters, though I haven't tracked them all down, but one brother born Kilmallie (the district, not place, which is not far away).
        He married twice - to Ann Gelford 1828 then Margaret Cameron 1844, both in Glasgow. He would have arrived in Australia 1855. I have much more if you want it. Gillian
      • lynnehbbrd
        Message 3 of 4 , May 20, 2009
          Many thanks but don't believe I have Hugh in my ancestry Gillian. Appreciate response however. Lynne
          --- In CampbellsAustralia@yahoogroups.com, "Gillian" <gillda@...> wrote:

          > --- In CampbellsAustralia@yahoogroups.com, "lynnehbbrd" <juju44@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi - Looking for info/interest in Campbells arriving 1840s in Victoria and originating Kilmonivaig, Scotland. Love to hear and swap info. Thx,Lynne
          > >
          > Lynne, I have HUGH CAMPBELL born 01 May 1801 at Kilmonivaig who died 6/4/1865 at Inverleigh, Victoria.
          > He had 8 brothers and sisters, though I haven't tracked them all down, but one brother born Kilmallie (the district, not place, which is not far away).
          > He married twice - to Ann Gelford 1828 then Margaret Cameron 1844, both in Glasgow. He would have arrived in Australia 1855. I have much more if you want it. Gillian

        • gloria cross
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 4, 2009
            Sorry , i havent been on lately. PC Probs.  Wish i could help you. but at this stage all i know is that my natural father was a Campbell. Born about 1920. Would love to help it i could.. sorry

            To: CampbellsAustralia@yahoogroups.com
            From: juju44@...
            Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 09:30:34 +0000
            Subject: [CampbellsAustralia] Campbells, Glenaroua, Portland, western district, Kilmonivaig,

            Hi - Looking for info/interest in Campbells arriving 1840s in Victoria and originating Kilmonivaig, Scotland. Love to hear and swap info. Thx,Lynne

            Let us find your next place for you! Need a place to rent, buy or share?