Re: Re - John and Elizabeth Campbell from Louth, Ireland

  • mvhlc
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 26, 2008
      Hello Don,
      Thanks for your prompt reply. My husband's Campbells were definitely
      Roman Catholic, so probably no connection to the ones you
      discovered. But thank you anyway - your information may provide a
      link for someone else.
      Regards,
      mvhlc

      --- In CampbellsAustralia@yahoogroups.com, "Don Johnston"
      <petenv@...> wrote:

      > Hello mvhlc [you didn't leave a name?]
      >

      > A fair while ago I visited a little place [which in it's time was a
      big
      > place] called Ondit, via a turn-off a couple of Km's on the
      Melbourne side
      > of Colac, whilst I was generally seeking other family names apart
      from my
      > Campbell forebears I did come across the following names which I
      haven't
      > really researched to link into my Campbell line at Inverleigh,
      another
      > pretty place outside of Geelong:
      >

      > Visit to Inverleigh Cemetery September 22 2002-09-23
      >
      > Presbyterian section
      >
      > Two burials in one plot - [Sandstone Monument]
      >
      > Sacred to the memory of Hugh Campbell native of Fort William, late
      of
      > Glasgow Scotland. Died 6th April 1865 aged 64 years.
      >

      > [Black Marble Monument]
      >
      > In memory of Margaret, relict of the late Hugh Campbell died at
      Inverleigh
      > Jan 9 1897 aged 84, erected by her nephew & niece D & M Stewart.
      >

      > In memory of Robert Campbell who died: 11 Oct 1921 aged 75 years
      and his
      > wife Ellen who died 24 May 1922 aged 60 years.
      >

      > Alexander Campbell of Fort William, late of Glasgow died 25th
      November 1888
      > aged 83 years (3 further lines were indecipherable) last line had
      Robert A
      > Campbell.
      >

      > Who knows, there are times that even a scant piece of information
      may
      > provide a link? I'm also presuming that your Campbell's, although
      out of Co
      > Louth in Southern Ireland would have been practicing Presbyterians
      and
      > obviously from SCT at some stage.
      >

      > Best Wishes
      >
      > Don Johnston in Melbourne
      >

      > <Snip>

      Louth,
      > Ireland
      >
      > Hello everyone. I am wondering if anyone else has any information
      about John
      > and Elizabeth Campbell who married in 1854 in Dunleer, Louth,
      Ireland and
      > subsequently came to Victoria. They had many children, and lived
      around the
      > Mortlake, Camperdown, Colac area. I believe someone in this group
      was
      > researching this couple back in 2002 by the name of Bernadette
      Hanisch.