Archibald Fletcher married Catherine Campbell 1866 at Bolinda Vic

  • John Fletcher
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 2007
      Hi, I am trying to find out more about my GGF Archibald Fletcher who married Catherine Campbell born Montreal circa 1841 and died Coburg Vic 1921. They had a son, my GF Walter Wentworth Fletcher who was born 1877 at Riddells Ck, Vic. Catherine Campbell's parents were James Campbell and Ann ODonnell. I had a look at the Vic records for Unassisted passages and saw that there was a Campbell family who came to Vic in 1857 on the "Melbourne" and this included James Campbell (the father) aged 50, and then Mrs Campbell 48, Anna 8, Catherine 16 (could be my GGM) Eliza 22, James (son) 22, Jane 11, John 10, Margaret 24, Mary 18. This seemed the best match using this resource. Would anyone know about these campbells or could you suggest further avenues of investigation. Regards John Fletcher

    • fletcherjohn50
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 10, 2007
        --- In CampbellsAustralia@yahoogroups.com, John Fletcher
        <fletcherjohn50@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I am trying to find out more about my GGF Archibald Fletcher
        who married Catherine Campbell born Montreal circa 1841 and died
        Coburg Vic 1921. They had a son, my GF Walter Wentworth Fletcher who
        was born 1877 at Riddells Ck, Vic. Catherine Campbell's parents were
        James Campbell and Ann ODonnell. I had a look at the Vic records for
        Unassisted passages and saw that there was a Campbell family who came
        to Vic in 1857 on the "Melbourne" and this included James Campbell
        (the father) aged 50, and then Mrs Campbell 48, Anna 8, Catherine 16
        (could be my GGM) Eliza 22, James (son) 22, Jane 11, John 10,
        Margaret 24, Mary 18. This seemed the best match using this resource.
        Would anyone know about these campbells or could you suggest further
        avenues of investigation. Regards John Fletcher

        >Update: Marjorie advised that I get a copy of Catherine Campbell's
        Death Certificate. This showed that she was from Danlon or Danlow
        (Copperplate isnt easy to read for me) County Donegal Ireland and not
        born Montreal Canada as previously thought. John Fletcher