Re:Archibald Campbell

  • Gillian
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4 6:31 PM
      Barbara - wouldn't that be BARONY a very large area of Northern
      Glasgow?
      Just a suggestion, as I have many of my Campbell ancesors from there.
      Gillian
      Cyc> The 1851 census shows Archibald Campbell labourer, aged 40 born
      Cyc> Barrey, Lanark, his wife Mary aged 40 b Glasgow, daughters Elizabeth
      Cyc> 12 b Glasgow and Janet 8 b Glasgow living in the Parish of St John
      Cyc> Glasgow at 375 Gallowgate.
      Cyc> Utopia passenger records show:
      Cyc> CAMPBELL Archibald Ag. Labourer Lanark Pres. R.W. M 42 Alex.
      Cyc> Patterson Portland £120 12 mths
      Cyc> Mary Wife " " R.W. F 42
      Cyc> Janet Daughter " " R.W. F 10
      Cyc> Archibald had agreed to work for Alex Patterson of Portland for 12
      Cyc> months.
      Cyc> No idea what happened to daughter Elizabeth.
      Cyc> good luck
      Cyc> Barbara

    • gurneybarbara
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 11 2:56 AM
        Hi Gillian
        The 1851 census for Scotland on Ancestry.com only shows the typed
        information and while Barrey is recorded twice, Barony is also recorded
        for others on the same page. You would need to check the hand written
        document to be sure.
        Barbara