Charles Campbell 37 years old died 1914

  • kiwisolis
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 28, 2007
      We have found Charles Campbell who is buried in Tauramanui,NZ. He was
      a bushman and was married to Karner Botilda Elizabeth Garner-Campbell.
      She was six months pregnant with my grandmother when he died.(tree
      fell on him, opps.) She soon remarried but we don't have that name, so
      don't know if we have other family out there.

      I put the images on the albumn. His gravestone was paid by his fellow
      workmen and we think it was erected three years after his death as
      that is the only Charles Campbell on town records.

      Also it seems that some of the graves at the cemetary are missing or
      have been built over and forgotten. We got a good gander at the
      original map of the cemetary. most of the names on the graves have
      faded from the document. According to records the cemetary should be
      four times the size that it is now. My sister and I think we have
      uncovered a big coverup... or not. It's fun to fantisize.
    • gurneybarbara
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2007
        I have had a look at the NSW indexes and the only Charles I can find
        born in the Wagga area is Charles F Campbell, father James, mother
        Charlotte born 1969 in Hay Ref.6128/1869.

        I found the death of a James Campbell in Wagga Wagga who died in
        1889 aged 60 Ref. 117899/1889. Both these Ref. numbers are for the
        NSW Registrar of BD&Ms.

        No marriage for James and Charlotte in NSW.

        I also found your James Campbell, Convict number 11468 departed
        Portsmouth 5/02/1851 on Lady Kennaway (2) arrived Tasmania
        18/5.1851. This information from the Tasmanian Convict index in The
        Archives of Tasmania.

        good luck
        Barbara

        --- In CampbellsAustralia@yahoogroups.com, "kiwisolis"

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2007
          > I have had a look at the NSW indexes and the only Charles I can find
          > born in the Wagga area is Charles F Campbell, father James, mother
          > Charlotte born 1969 in Hay Ref.6128/1869.
          >
          > I found the death of a James Campbell in Wagga Wagga who died in
          > 1889 aged 60 Ref. 117899/1889. Both these Ref. numbers are for the
          > NSW Registrar of BD&Ms.

          > I also found your James Campbell, Convict number 11468 departed
          > Portsmouth 5/02/1851 on Lady Kennaway (2) arrived Tasmania
          > 18/5.1851. This information from the Tasmanian Convict index in The
          > Archives of Tasmania.
          >
          > good luck
          > Barbara
          >
          > -

          Hey thanks Barbra I will check out the james campbell and the charles
          campbell. the last campbell is my gr gr gr(i lost count) grandfather.
          Thanks