James Campbell 1851

  • kiwisolis
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 24, 2007
      I am looking for any information on James Campbell, arrived on the
      Lady Kennaway in Hobart 28 of May 1851, we have no information on him
      prior to his conviction in 1848 in glasgow. We do know that somehow
      his son ended up in Wagga Wagga NSW but that's all we know. Can anyone
      help us?
    • Gillian
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 25, 2007
        I will send you a file of all James Campbells listed on the Tasmanian
        Pioneer Index - it may be of some help,
        Gillian
      • kiwisolis
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 28, 2007
          Thankyou, but he is not in there, he was transported to hobart, and
          absconded the same year only to be caught a few hours later. we have no
          notion of what happened next. but some how his son ended up in wagga
          wagga NSW. We think james was transported there the same year. He was
          part of the Chartist uprising in glasgow or.. well scotland.
          He was married at some point to Martha Sharman we have no dates on her.

          thanks