interests

  • Janine Dale
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2005
      Hello List
      my name is Janine, I live in the Mitta Valley, NE Vic.
      Family history is my passion.
      My great grandmother (paternal) was

      Rose Emily Campbell
      b.1873 in Axedale Vic.
      Her father was Archibald Campbell, mother Martha Healy.
      Archibald and Martha had a large family all born around the same areas. Axedale,Wellsford,Kangaroo Creek & Long Gully
      & Taradale. All near Bendigo.

      Other children.
      Henry  b 1850

      George  b 1852

      James b 1854    married Sarah FIELD in 1873

      Archibald  b 1856  Long Gully  married Sarah Jane POWELL

      John  b 1859 Taradale

      Elizabeth  b 1860  married Thomas McGolderick 1878

      Charles  b 1864

      Martha Mary  b 1865 Long Gully  married George Thomas POWELL in 1884

      Sarah  b 1868 Kangaroo Creek.  married Thomas James WHITTAKER

      William  b 1871

      Robert Richard Patrick  b 1877 Whitehills.

      Having trouble establishing when Archibald came to AustraliaHis 1884 death cert said he had been in Australia for 30 y.
      Lots of smokescreens it seems
      Archilbald appears to have been born between 1809-1826 in either Glascow or Edinborough . I presume he may have been a convict as there has been so much mixed info given .No marriage found for he and Martha.
      All the convicts in my family have been easy to track down compered to good old Archibald.

      I am happy to help with any lookups.
      Have
      Vic Pioneer, Federation, Edwardian, Between the Wars, Deaths 1921-1985, Marriages 1921-1942
      Vic Inquests 1840-1895
      Vic Immigration 1852-1879
      NSW Pioneer,Federation&Between the Wars indexes
      WA Pioneer Index
      Tasmanian Pioneer index
      QLD Pioneer & Federation indexes
      Port Jackson Anthology (convicts)
      Convicts to NSW 1788-181Aust. Vital Records

      If there is anyone with an intersest or knowledge of my Campbells I would love to hear from them

      Janine